EventsHere is a large conference venue in London. It is part of the HereEast development at Stratford.
What is HereEast?
HereEast was originally the Olympic 2012 Media Centre and is made up of two vast warehouses that were used by 20,000 journalists during London’s Games. It has been transformed into a large meeting place in London for creative and digital businesses, with a footprint of 1.2 million square foot. HereEast tenants are a mix of SME’s and large corporates, like BT Sport. Described as a “digital campus”, the aim of this £100m project is to combine the clout of multi-nationals with the innovation associated with starts up. These businesses are supported by links to related education establishments, like UCL, Loughborough University and a local Hackney Wick college.
EventsHere – A Large Meeting Space
EventsHere is the large London conference venue within HereEast and offers:
- 37,000 sq ft of meeting space
- Ground floor: 4,000 sq ft reception
- First floor: 33,000 sq ft events reception, breakout space and auditorium
- EventsHere capacity seated: 950
- Big blank canvas designed to enable discussion in break out spaces or use for smaller events
- Private roof terrace, with views over the canal and further on to London.
- Professional support by the Smart Group, who also operates EventsHere’s bigger sister, Battersea Evolution
In the heart of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, EventsHere is within walking distance of the Olympic Stadium.
Conference Venue Style
Hi-tech large conference venue London.
Publicly funded, the HereEast site is owned by the London Legacy Development Corporation, on a 200-year lease. The final completion date for HereEast is due 2018, though bookings are being taken now for EventsHere.